Reminder….Changes to the Mobile Premium Services Code
Following up from our blog post in March, we just wanted to remind you that the new MPS code comes into effect on 1 June 2012.
If you have not already done so, take a moment to review the new code (it’s called C637:2011 Mobile Premium Services (MPS) Code) at http://www.commsalliance.com.au/Activities/mps and download the PDF for C637:2011.
If you are advertising Premium SMS content, make sure you thoroughly read sections 3.1.1 – 3.1.25 of the new code as these outline the update rules of advertising Premium SMS services.
The updates in this code generally effect:
• Increased clarity on online advertisements and what is considered ‘sufficient proximity’ with pricing and other relevant information
• A new, streamlined, double opt-in process which creates a new, technology-neutral opt-in process.
• New requirements for subscription messages, including use of the term “subscribe/subscription”, helpline and content providers name
• Updates to rules for chat services
• The inclusion of reverse charge billing services as part of the code (previously, they were excluded)
• Minor changes to helpline requirements, including clarifying timezones and IVR requirements.
Now that WMC audits Vodafone and 3 Mobile, these guidelines will ensure your advertising and message flow meets all carrier standards and guidelines.
And one final reminder – if you have received an infringement notice, ensure you resolve the issue promptly and make sure you do not repeat the same infringement again in the future. WMC and the Carriers will not tolerate repeat infringements for the same issue.
If you have any questions or doubts, don’t hesitate to get in touch