We've noticed that some messages have been sent via our API which contained characters that wouldn't get through the carriers and delivered to the phone. Unfortunately, in some cases these invalid characters were also causing some issues with our queueing system and were resulting in some messages getting stuck in the queue.
So we've decided to put through an update in our API, to let you know when you may have sent some messages with invalid characters, allowing you to update the message text on your side, rather than have the message fail.
We need to encourage you to be more vigilant with your SMS Central account details following a scam or “phishing” email being circulated.
Today we were made aware of an email scam being circulated, claiming to be from SMS Central. This email phishing scam included a request for people to update their SMS Central account details.
The fact is that these emails look authentic and include SMS Central logos, refer to actual SMS Central products or include believable email addresses.